Sunday, September 1, 2013

2013 - Day 244/121 - Sunday...

As the (not so) old saying goes, 'Somewhere in Texas a village is missing its' idiot'.  If you happen to be missing YOUR idiot (or four or five), look no farther (further) than the gently rolling grazing lands of the edge of nowhere (which is further than the middle of nowhere).  Assuming that because today is the first day of September dove season in Texas must have begun.  We live on a modest 44 acres and there were two or three people this morning hunting doves on the property (30 acres) behind us.  For the last four hours or so, the neighbors to the east of us have been hunting as well.  Just sitting there, trying not to kill their cattle (I guess they are trying) while they shoot round after round at imaginary doves.  I see them firing, hear the shots but do not see any birds flying.

For the first time THIS YEAR I went into the pool.  The Polaris was not working, so I went in and got it fixed.  When we were looking for this place it was MY idea that we needed a house with a pool.  I still like having it, I just have not had the opportunities to take advantage of it this year.  Maybe next year.  AND the fact that I was nekkid in the pool could have had some effect on the neighbors visions of doves that were not there.  I fear that it I saw myself nekkid and was not properly warned, I might start shooting at imaginary fowl as well. 

Miguel and I got some stuff done today around the house, but it was HOT.  All in all though, I am happy with what we got accomplished.  I think I might actually paint some on one of the barns tomorrow, just to see how it goes.  We are also supposed to have some chances of rain tomorrow, but I would not bet the farm on it.

We have had some pretty clouds here and there as well, but all the precipitation so far is way to the west of us.

Tomorrow is officially the Holiday, and I am going to try and sleep in a little longer.  I have some office stuff that needs doing, and that will give me a bit of a head start for Tuesday.  This will be a short week, so it will be busy as well.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, MISSING IDIOTS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment