Thursday, September 19, 2013

2013 - Day 262/103 - Thursday...

Boy Dog update; there is no update.  No news from the vet, so maybe that is good news.  I was (not really) surprised to find out that there are a variety of mobility aids for dogs and cats, so other folks have gone through this before.  The question is, how do we lift the dog up to get him strapped into the aid?  The answer (perhaps) is that they also sell lift straps of some sort that you strap around their back ends and lift, which is actually an improvement over the way we were trying to do it the other day.  Hopefully there will be good news tomorrow.

My day started out a little stressfully.  Everything I did this morning I had to do three times before I got it done properly.  JUST SLOW DOWN EVANS, but that was not working for me either.  Then, I got into the car, and I remembered that when I turned off the car last night it said I could go 12 miles before I ran out of gas, but we live 17 miles to the gas station.  BUT, I made it and that was not a challenge.  Needless to say, I had an extra long commute this morning.

I made it to the office in time to answer two e-mails and then headed off to a breakfast meeting.  It was my pleasure to introduce Senator Kirk Watson to speak about the medical school that will be a part of the University of Texas.  Interesting stuff.

I then headed back to the office to do some power-real-estate before heading to the Mueller Development to learn about affordable housing and the bond proposal that will be voted on in November.  Very interesting stuff.  We also toured several of the affordable housing products that were built around the city as a result of the last bond initiative that was passed in 2006.  This is a photo of William, one of the Governmental Affairs staff from the Austin Board, trying not to choke on a mouthful of food he was trying to ingest en masse. 

We did get a little bit of rain here so far, about 0.20" at last count.  Tomorrow there is a 100% chance of more rain, so that is better than the usual 10% chance.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, RAIN!, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment