Thursday, September 12, 2013

2013 - Day 255/110 - Thursday...

It was an early start to the day today, and following my Boy Scout tradition (disclaimer:  I was never a Boy Scout) but I do believe in being prepared. Okay, maybe not so prepared, maybe early.  Anyway, I assumed that I had given myself PLENTY of time to get to the Board of REALTORS® for an 8:45 appointment.  BUT, there was a HUGE traffic jam on MoPac and it took me almost an hour to go seven miles.  The last seven miles.  I made it on time (and with time to spare) and everything worked out well.  Today was the day that we (The Austin Board of REALTORS®) broke ground for our new facility.  Not exactly sure when construction will begin, but we are supposed to assume occupancy of the facility in December of 2014, which means I could conduct one meeting at the facility before my term expires.  This is a photo of Kathy Coneway (President of the Association) and me after the ceremony.  It was a good event and it will be a great facility and a source of pride for our members.

After the ceremony, I headed back to the office to do some power real estate.  I got to the office about 10:30, and it was all desk work until about 2:10 when we finally began our re-scheduled PM meeting.  There was also some prep necessary for a Noon appointment tomorrow, and some prep for two other meetings after.  I think everything is pretty much under control.  I guess we will find out tomorrow.

On my way home from work, I stopped by the Williamson County Tax Assessor's Office to renew my truck tags and the farm trailer tag.  I could have done this electronically, but there was another issue I wanted to get taken care of.  I do not know if I mentioned this, but did you know that the car tags are really nothing more than a piece of printed plastic stuck to a piece of metal, kind of like a film that is on the lens of your cell phone when you first purchase it?  Well they are.  And the plastic film was peeling off the metal on my car tag, and I had taped it back on.  SO, I decided to change my personalized plates (they said IHELP and the homeless folk always expected me to adhere to my claim).  I won't share what the new ones will say, but I had tried for EIEIO.  Not available.  The lady at the office said I could try E1E1O, but that was taken too.  3I3IO was taken (not that I wanted it), but we eventually settled on a tag that I think I will like.  ANYWAY, the woman that worked with me was named Veronica, and ALMOST everything at her desk had her name on it, and before I left, with the help of some sticky-note, tape and a Sharpie, I monogrammed a few more of her desk-ware.  She also had an electric stapler and a manual stapler on her desk, and we discussed how stapling papers together had become such a physical task lately...whatever.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, GOOD DAYS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment