Saturday, September 14, 2013

2013 - Day 257/108 - Saturday...

This is what weekends are made for. 

Stayed in bed late, finally got up and read the paper, made a pile of eggs for me and Jody (included some bacon and cinnamon rolls), made a list of chores (and ignore the list until late afternoon), took the dog boy for a ride (after which he would not get out of the car), tried bribing said dog boy with biscuits and he would have no part of it.  Finally lifted very heavy aforementioned dog boy out of car. 

Went into Austin to face the crowds at Costco where I came precariously close to having a physical confrontation with a family of thirty five camped out in front of a vendor giving away what looked like some sort of pizza bites.  I could have taken all but a couple of them, but I have always felt that discretion is the better part of valor.

Left there and drove home via the Home Depot in Georgetown where I bought a couple fountain pumps and a pressure washer.  I will try it out tomorrow.  Then a quick stop to Dairy Queen (my first visit this year) where Jody had a hot fudge sundae and I had an Orange Julius Original.  Remind me not to make that mistake again, especially since a small was $2.39.  We did, however, take advantage of the gift card from our friends Joe Mac and Carolyn!  THANKS GUYS!

After that, we made a stop at Chipotle for dinner to take home with us, and then there a detour to the Berry Creek Park so Jody could feed the mules.

Once we got home, it was nap-time for both of us.

Please refer to the first sentence in this journal entry.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, WEEKENDS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment