Saturday, September 21, 2013

2013 - Day 264/101 - Saturday...

Boy Dog Update:  There is no update.  As of yesterday, the vet wanted to keep him another few days to see if he will make any progress.  Jody had mentioned going to visit him this morning, but decided against it.

We had a beautiful sunrise this morning, just the tiniest little bit of rain over night, and for the 24 hours since I checked last, we received 2.35" of rain.  SO, for the week that totals about 2.7" of rain.  Better than a poke with a sharp stick.  Some places in central Texas got 6 or seven inches, but we are happy with what we got.  I am hoping the fields will be dry enough tomorrow that the tractor does not get stuck when I am getting the cattle fed.  PLUS, I kind of have a suspicion that there is a new calf back there, but I will know for sure tomorrow.

Jody and I both did as little as possible today.  I took several naps but did nothing that could be considered useful.  We are glad to report that, if it had not been for the cold front that came through overnight, it would be REALLY HOT here.  As it is, it is a temperate 269 degrees, according to this sign.  Of course, this particular sign has said it was 269 degrees for about the last two months, you would think someone could figure out how to program it or at least take this function out of the loop.  Interestingly enough, the time and the temperature are the same.

Tomorrow will be my chore day, but I again plan to do as little as possible.  We are going to go into Thorndale for dinner tomorrow night, come and join us at the City Café if you want to.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HOT, HOT, HOT!, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment