Tuesday, December 16, 2014

2014 - Day 350/15 - Tuesday...

It cooled off a little bit overnight.  When I got up it was about 40 degrees outside, and a little bit breezy.  The 2014 Habitat for Humanity Blitz Build is winding down, just a couple more days until the dedication on Friday.  This is the second year the Austin Board of REALTORS® has sponsored a build, and we are partnering up with KVUE, the ABC affiliate here in Austin.  I was honored to participate (and cause as little damage as possible, they were watching me) with members of the Habitat Staff, AmeriCorp members and REALTOR® colleagues.  Our little company (Austin REAL Pros) also participated.  We were all there except Kim (somebody had to answer the phone).  So, as I said, the dedication is n Friday, and on that date another deserving family will have a home to call their own.  What better thing can a group of REALTOR® do for their community?  I am not sure, but I do know that the colleagues I deal with on a daily basis are the most selfless (having no concern for self; I had to look it up to make sure I was using the right word!) people as a group that I know.  We all work on the behalf of others whether it is help our clients find a home or to advocate for the rights of property owners.  I am proud to be a member of that group.  Here is a recap of the folks in the photo (at least the ones I can recall the names of, I am really bad with names):  Stacy, Jamie, Carrie, Andy, Jacqui, Pat, Munchkin, Me, David, Valorie, Kerry, Chris and Moose.  Beaux was there somewhere, must have been otherwise occupied when the photo was taken.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BLITZING, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment