Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 - Day 365/0 - Wednesday...

Oh my, where have the year(s) gone?  This will be my 2,193rd journal post.  On this date in 2009, I wrote my first journal entry.  I called that Day Zero.  Today completes six years of journal entries.  I have not missed a day (another result of my OCD), although there have been a couple entries that were late, due to technical difficulties, one while I was in DC at a meeting, and the other (that I can remember) was a technical difficulty caused by too much Merlot and the failure to hit the send button before I fell asleep on the keyboard, resulting in several thousand pages of XXXXXXXXXXXs.

What fun, and thanks for reading.

It was not too much trouble deciding which photo to use in today'
s entry.  It was either this photo of my last closing of the year (today) or another photo of a wreck on the Interstate.  Hopefully photos of traffic mishaps will be confined to Williamson County beginning in the New Year, since the new law goes into effect in Austin which prohibits HOLDING the cell phone unless you are at a complete stop.  Well, now that I think of it, that may not be a problem; I am at a complete stop on the Interstate frequently; we will just wait and see.

On another note, I have compiled a years worth of useless statistics, three of which I will share with you right now.  For the year, we recorded 33.61" of rain in our fancy schmancy rain gauge here on the edge of nowhere.  We collected 3,367 eggs (380.59 dozen).  We figure that comes to about $4 per egg.  AND I received 72,093 spam e-mails for the year.  But who's counting?  Well, I am!  Duh!

We on the edge of nowhere hope you and those that you love have a blessed New Year and nothing but happy memories from here on out.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, COUNTING, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment