Monday, December 29, 2014

2014 - Day 363/2 - Monday...

It never ceases to amaze me out here on the edge of nowhere.  Things just spontaneously unearth themselves.  After a decent rain, it is not unusual to go our in the yard or the pastures to see what has been uprooted.  Unearthed.  Revealed.  I saw this broken cup handle earlier last week, and made a mental note of it for a journal entry.  I sought it out this afternoon after I got home and checked on the girls.  Up closer to the road is where Aunt Mary used to live.  She had a two story frame house that was plain but adequate, and the neighbors tell us stories about her.  When the people we bought the house from moved here, her house was still there, and they sold it and had it moved, so the house itself still exists somewhere.  I will go through my files and see if I can find a photo of the house and post it tomorrow.  Anyway, we are always finding things emerging from the soil.  Forks, oyster shells (this is the coastal plain after all), shotgun shells, bottles, beer cans, strong boxes full of cash.  Wait, was that my out loud typing? 

Never mind.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, STUFF, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment