Saturday, April 25, 2015

2015 - Day 115/250 - Saturday...

I met an old guy on the Hill Country Ride for AIDS today, his name is ME! Today was the fifth time I have been on my bike this year, and overall, I guess I did an acceptable job. I ended up doing 26 of the 45 miles I had planned on. Of course, the plan was formed MONTHS ago when I still had fantasies of training for the ride. Twenty-Six miles in Texas in late May after thunderstorms and fog is not too bad, although it felt much worse while I was actually in the middle of pedaling. I did remember to breath and to keep pedaling most of the time, so overall, it was a successful day and it helped to raise funds for a really good cause. This is a photo of Steve, me, Elton and Andrei. Steve and I rode together. I have seen photographic evidence that Andrei survived and completed the 45 miles with little challenge. I have not heard anything from Elton, I hope he is not in some bushes somewhere with a flat tire.

The new addition to the family seems to be fitting just wonderfully well. Jody bought her a squeaky-toy this afternoon that is about the same size that she is. She has taken a liking to my bed and finds it to be quite adequate. More about her tomorrow, after I rest a bit.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, RIDING, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment