Tuesday, April 28, 2015

2015 - Day 118/247 - Tuesday...

I have never had a panic-attack, but I have seen them portrayed on television and in the movies. I have professed to Jody in the past that, when I get stalled in traffic on the flyover from Texas 45 to the Northbound lanes of IH-35, you can feel the flyover bouncing. I understand that the flyover is engineered that way, but I do not like the experience. This afternoon, on the southbound lanes of IH-35, a dump truck crashed into he back end of a truck towing a mobile home.  This caused the truck/trailer combo to jack-knife, and jump the median and end up in the northbound lanes, and simultaneously catching fire. This is a photo of what is left of the dump truck, and there was no visible evidence of the truck/trailer combo. But I digress... We now return to the previously scheduled programming, already in session.

I was stuck on the flyover for about 45 minutes this afternoon; creeping, inch-by-inch towards the summit (which I estimate to be about 60 to 70 feet above terra-firma). Slowly I wiggled and wobbled. Yes, I KNOW they are engineered to wiggle and wobble, but I AM NOT!  Again, there was no real panic attack, but there was HIGH ANXIETY. I am not always the best airline passenger too. I don't like turbulence. On flights that I cannot see land ANYWHERE, if there is turbulence, there had damn well better be a video game to keep me distracted. In today's case, it was cellular service that came to the rescue, and any of you that travel that area on a regular basis are aware that my particular carrier (there is no need to disclose the particular carrier, but the initials are AT&T) finds it not really that important to provide coverage in the middle of a heavily populated area.

But I survived. Thanks for those of you that tried to calm me (Jody), and for the others, I would appreciate it if, in the future you would just give me a call that the Interstate is closed for the duration.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, COMMUTING, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment