Thursday, April 30, 2015

2015 - Day 120/245 - Thursday...

So, you may already know this, but I like cars, always have, I guess part of that is because I grew up outside Detroit and I think my dad liked cars too. Where we lived in the suburbs, lots of folks worked for the car companies in one form or another. Two or three houses down from us (when we lived in Southgate) was a family whose last name was Roy, and he was an exec for Chrysler. He ALWAYS had a new Chrysler, and my favorite was his (probably about a '59) Chrysler Imperial with the big sputnik looking tail lights. It was beautiful. We had (among others) a '63 Chrysler 300 with a push button transmission. It was red, and my brother commuted from Riverview to Ypsilanti when he was in college. The Chrysler was red, and one day someone slammed into the back of him during the commute. Car was totaled, nobody was seriously hurt (as I recalled) and that was the end of the Chrysler. That car was followed by a '65 Buick Vista Cruiser (a station wagon with a distinct resemblance to a Greyhound bus). None of this is really important to anything, except that I saw this '62 Chrysler 300 while I was on my way home this afternoon. It brought back some fun memories of a time in my life that was equally complicated as today, but on a proportional scale.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CHRYSLER, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment