Sunday, October 2, 2016

2016 - Day 276/90 - Sunday...

It was lovely and cool this morning, so we started with breakfast (a pile of eggs) and then I headed outside and cut some grass. The grass in the back and the front closest to the house had not been cut last week, so it was a bit taller than I like. Overtime I cut the grass this year, it leaves piles of grass where the rows were. If it were a more manageable yard, I would get a lawn sweeper like we used to have when I lived in Michigan; we swept grass and leaves in the lawn sweeper and then bagged it up and put it out for the trash collection. Nothing like that going to happen here. I have not cut the front up by the road and the front barn since there is a hive of bees in the water meter box in the front, and I do not want to stir them up with the vibrations of the lawn mower. Hopefully the bee rescue folks will be here this week, and then next week I can get that cut. These morning glories are volunteers; I did not plant any morning glories this year, and these came up on their own. I love them, but the places we have for them to grow and climb are just too hot for them to do really well.

Otherwise, a nice calm day. I went up to the Schwertner Community Center early this afternoon to get me and Jody a couple carry-outs of their pork and brisket bar-b-cue. This is either their 39th or 40th year to do this, and it was great. I had an opportunity to gossip with Hubert, Pauline and Randy and Irene. Plans are in the making to cut, rake and bale hay again, and then to fertilize and weed the fields. I will probably end up with about 300 round-bales before it is all over, and at some point in time, someone will need some hay, and I will have it!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, Glories, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment