Monday, October 31, 2016

2016 - Day 305/61 - Monday...

Well, happy Halloween to all of you. What are you dressing up as? We get no trick-or-treaters out here on the edge of nowhere, which is just as well, since I eat all the candy that comes into the house. I did get some tricks pulled on me though. At least one other friend of mine was poked and prodded today. I had my annual physical, and out came the old rubber glove. And it was too early for dinner and dancing, and I did not even get a phone number, but I did get the promise of a follow-up call. I feel that I am pretty lucky in the physical condition department, although I could stand to lose some weight, but I have been burdened with that all my life. When I was a little kid, 'husky' did not have the same connotation that it would today if they still used that term. I don't think they still use that term, do they? Anyway, I say I could stand to lose some weight and I am on my way to have a Milky Way bar later this evening. It is okay, it is my reward for having completed another six months, one day at a time.

Otherwise, nothing exceptional going on today, Jody and I stayed in Austin last night, we both had doctors appointments this morning, and that makes things more convenient. The girl dog was a little bit nervous during the whole thing; the last time we went into town with her, we left town and we were gone for a week, but she is much more calm right now, back at her house on the edge of nowhere.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CHECK-UPS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment