Monday, October 10, 2016

2016 - Day 284/82 - Monday...

I am not an expert on cotton or anything like that, but I think the cotton in the fields out here should be ready to pick pretty soon. It seems late to me, as someone with a pretty good remembrance of life and times in the Mid-South. Cotton was/is King in and around Memphis, and I really cannot remember cotton being picked this late in the year. Of course, Memphis had its' share of cool/cold weather, and it was not unusual for there to be good, hard, long-lasting freezes there. By long lasting, I mean two or three days at a time, as opposed to the edge-of-nowhere, where freezes generally last for several hours. Bad news: I have just put a pox on the coming winter weather, I expect hard freezes here in the next day or two because of my big mouth.

And today was a pretty good day; my meeting that was scheduled from 10 'til 4 concluded at about 1, so I found a few hours that I otherwise would not have had. Non-Stop meetings the rest of the week, so it is just gonna be like that!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, COTTON, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment