Wednesday, November 1, 2017

2017 - Day 305/60 - Wednesday...

I have always been a sucker for Madison Avenue and the power of suggestion. I have always been a believer in newer, bigger, brighter, and better. Improved just kind of puts me over the edge. Enhanced. Don't get me started. I'm all dope for New Formula. And if it has really disgusting and totally inappropriate packaging, I'll take two, please. However, this little piece of pretty was posted by my friend Sherri who lives closer to the Gulf Coast. She queried about what this plant was that was thriving in her yard (I hope it was Sherri), and the contest winners proclaimed it to be a Shower of Gold Thryallis. It was said to be deer resistant (good, but we have no deer out here on the edge of nowhere) and drought tolerant (good, we have droughts), and a over-achieving bloomer most of the year (good, we can use blooms all year long). So, I searched out and found three one gallon plants and set them out a while back. Maybe this past weekend. They all had buds on them, but the buds are opening on two of them, so that is a good sign. They will die back when we get a good frost, but they will be back in the spring, and I hope they will have time to settle in before they go dormant.

Pretty.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, THRYALLIS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment