Saturday, November 4, 2017

2017 - Day 308/57 - Saturday...

Today was a really good day. It started off casually, and by casually I mean that I stayed in the bed until after 8 o'clock. When I am out of town, I generally do not sleep well the first night and then I catch up after that. And I sleep with the television on all night long. Occasionally, I wake up irritated by the noise and I just turn the volume down I don't turn the tv off. But this morning, I stayed in the bed pretty late, not bothered by the television because the cable went out. There was no signal, which was just fine. I am considering turning the tv off this evening and sleeping with the drapes open because the night time lights on the buildings around me are really interesting, and I could probably stare out the window for hours looking at everything and nothing at the same time.

I went to lunch with my friend Steve and our friend Brandy joined us. Walking back to the hotel we came across these two cops, and I always like taking photos with cops. They said no, they could not participate, city rule, so I was not able to get my selfie with them. Maybe next time.

After a nap, it was the General Session and Michael Phelps was the guest speaker. Very interesting stuff. I have never been that fond of Michael Phelps, but after hearing his interview with Elizabeth Mendenhall (the incoming NAR President), I may be softening a bit. He was genuine and interesting and that was good.

Then it was off to the Museum of Science and Industry for the RPAC appreciation event. That is a very interesting place, and it was a great event. The museum is fascinating, and you could wander around for days and still see things you had missed. Very cool.

My first meeting tomorrow is at 8:30 a.m., STANDARD TIME!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, CHICAGO PD, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment