Saturday, November 25, 2017

2017 - Day 329/36 - Saturday...

I got a couple more things half-way crossed off my To Done list today, but one of the issues is, I keep adding things to the list. Or I get distracted (SQUIRREL) and go off and do something else when I was intending to finish something I started and then...what did I come up here into the front barn for? Oh well, things are progressing nicely. I still have to clean the chicken coop and feed the cattle. Neither one of those things is particularly time consuming, but there are lots of pieces and parts to both of them. For one thing, I have to outsmart chickens AND cattle when I am doing those two things. Chickens always want to be part of whatever it is I am doing (refer back to the game we like to play, Cricket, Chicken, Lawn Tractor) and they are just damn nosey. They always have to be in the middle of everything. Cattle on the other hand, and just wanting to get to the hay that I am putting out, so I have to try and time things so I am putting hay in one pasture while they are in another pasture, and by the time they get to the pasture where the hay is, I am taking hay to the pasture they just vacated. Generally, I am smarter than a fifth grade chicken and a fourth grade cow. So far.

I keep finding more and more blooms around, and I keep planting more and more plants and bulbs. If all goes according to plan, it should be pretty nice come spring and all the seasons for the next several years. Grey Gardens has nothing on JBAcres!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, IRIS, Kindness, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment