Wednesday, November 22, 2017

2017 - Day 326/39 - Wednesday...

This is serious stuff. I am not sure of the tone of this journal entry. I think it was thought out to be kind of humorous (we all make fun of the things we are not really comfortable with), but the more I thought about it during the day, the more serious the topic became. With all the emphasis on the inappropriate actions of political figures and celebrities in the new lately, I am not sure what kind of stand I am supposed to take. Nothing in the journal entry is to be construed as making light of the circumstances many women in the world have faced historically. Nothing. But it does give me pause as to whether or not this new found consciousness will bring about a social evolution, and how quickly might we all conform to another 'new normal'. This morning, Margaret and her daughter Elizabeth (fka Lizard Breath) came by the office, and it was the first time we had all been together in about a year. Hugs all around...but I am not sure that hugging continues to be socially acceptable. What if something slips, what if I get too close, what if... Again, nothing in this journal post is in any way intended to diminish what hundreds of thousands of women have experienced, but I am just wanting to make sure I know all the new rules.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HUGGING, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment