Friday, February 9, 2018

2018 - Day 40/325 - Friday...18Something else...

Over the past ten years or so, I have stayed in a LOT of hotels. Generally six or eight extended hotel visits a year, anywhere from four to six days at a time. I got into the habit of taking all the travel size soaps and shampoos and stuff, because there was a program that passed those items along to homeless people in Austin. The group has disbanded, but I am still taking the stuff. I can't help it. And I have expanded to include one wash cloth per hotel visit. When I was in the Hotel/Restaurant business, linens was a big expense. Those towels and wash cloths are not cheap. The only time we would lose bedspreads was when the wrapped the tv's up in them and stole the tv sets! And that was thirty years ago. Rooms were not as pricey then as they are now, and I do not think it is all about inflation of the dollar either. Things (like hotel rooms) are just really expensive these days. There is a lot of infrastructure that needs to be maintained...but still...

It was a full day of meetings and information today, and tomorrow will be even more full. AND an early start to the day.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, TRAVEL SIZES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment