Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 33/332, 2022 - Wednesday

Most people button their shirts starting at the bottom. Welcome to Twos-Day. If you get it, you get it. I'm not going to spend a lot of time on that. It has been grey and gloomy all day today, and it has rained for most of it as well. I did go in to the office today, the first time in a week. Tosalyn and I visited a couple properties, and I got my desk cleaned off, so it was worth the drive in. The freezing weather is expected to be in the area about midnight tonight, and is should not warm up above freezing until sometime on Friday afternoon or evening. I will be dripping both hot and cold faucets tonight until it gets to be above freezing. All the plants are inside and will survive the cold temperatures. As a property manager, there is just so much we can do...and if we have not made the message clear via thirty or forty e-mails, there is nothing that is going to fix that. I went to the grocery again this afternoon, not that I was in particular need of anything, but it seemed like the right thing to do. I got Twinkies, chocolate milk, eggs (the first store bought eggs in many years), and apparently some other stuff that I cannot remember. $27 worth of stuff, which is cheap in my opinion. I am well fixed to stay home for the next few days. I expect I will go outside and slide around for a little bit tomorrow. Tomorrow is also garbage collection day, so we will wait and see if that happens. There were wrecks EVERYWHERE (probably not) this afternoon, and when I left the HEB there was a chorus of sirens to be heard all around. Wrecks are miserable, period, but in weather like this, I cannot think of a worse time to have a wreck.

No comments:

Post a Comment