Monday, February 7, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 38/327, 2022 - Monday

More cans of chicken noodle soup are sold in January than any other month. This being the first full month of February, it was a beautiful day in central Texas. When I last checked, the high temperature for the day was 60 degrees. There is the possibility of a light freeze overnight, so I will just wait until tomorrow afternoon to put the plants outside. Or maybe tomorrow morning, it depends on how perky I feel tomorrow morning. Carrie (my work wife) celebrated her birthday last week, but we were all hunkered down, so we did not do any celebrating until today. We had an office lunch, and lots of laughs, good food and some yummy birthday cake. After that, we all went back to the office, and I am preparing for my winter conference that gets started on Thursday, and goes through Monday...or maybe Tuesday, I am not really sure at this point. After that, I am scheduled to go to another conference at the end of the month in the Bahamas. There are a lot of hoops to jump through (COVID testing, etc.), before that trip. I have to have either an Antigen Rapid test or a RT-PCR test not more than three days before the arrival date in the Bahamas. I thought these tests were free, but apparently not; what I have found so far is that they range in fees from $50 to $150. I will do some more checking, but my pharmacy (a small Austin pharmacy) charges $85 for the Antigen Rapid test. We shall see. The walk this morning was good, and I am heading off in a little while to listen to a neighborhood guy that is running for District Court Judge in Williamson County. I don't want to be there all night, either...

No comments:

Post a Comment