Sunday, February 13, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 44/321, 2022 - Sunday

In a lifetime, the average person in America spends eight years watching television. I say that as I tuned in to watch the last few minutes of the Super Bowl. I did see the half-time show while I was still in Austin this evening, and I made it home with about three minutes left on the clock. And now it is over. There are some really happy people and there are some really sad people. I am happy for the happy ones, and I feel badly for the sad ones. Today was my last full day of conference, and I have a luncheon tomorrow. After that, my schedule will be a little bit more like a normal day. I took this photo from my room in the Hotel this morning. With all its' faults, with all the growing pains that Austin has suffered, I still think this is a beautiful city. I have lived here for 37 years, and there has certainly been a lot of change. and in my opinion, not all of it has been good. You just take what you've got, and you do the best YOU can do with it. I don't really care where you are, we all (maybe) have similar issues. I drive up and down the Interstate almost every day, and you just do it. Don't complain. Same thing with the Post Office. Don't complain. Maybe if we all just quit complaining, the issues might lessen until they were no longer issues. I think I am going to see if I can go a whole day, tomorrow (it's too late for today), to not complain. I will let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment