Thursday, February 3, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 34/331, 2022 - Thursday

Dirty snow melts faster than white snow because it reflects less light. When I was attending college, we were warned about the yellow snow, but that is a totally different conversation. We have been in the 20s for most of the day, and we are supposed to get even colder over night. We have had cloud cover all day, so we stayed warmer, the clouds have diminished, so that is making for cooler weather. We should be above freezing at some point on Saturday, if the prognosticators are to be believed. I did a lot of nothing today, it was interesting taking the girls out onto the crunchy grass. They did not really seem to mind it too much, and we have been outside three or four times today. I will take them out once or twice more before we call it a night. I went to check the mail after four o'clock this afternoon, and the boxes were all frozen shut. Maybe tomorrow. I went down to Dan and Nancy's for dinner (supper?) tonight; tacos and burritos. Yummy. I've got pipes dripping, and taking all ordinary care precautions, so (fingers crossed), I am hoping to come out of this relatively unscathed. Another couple days and we should all know for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment