Friday, February 11, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 42/323, 2022 - Friday

The Guinness World Records holds the record for the book most often stolen from public libraries. I had a full day of business at our Texas REALTORS® Winter Meeting, but instead of filling you on all the stuff that was accomplished, I shall instead discuss the obsession I had with this black Hyundai with an expired temporary tag that I followed for miles on MoPac while I was on my way home this afternoon. You can't see it from the angle of this photo, but the driver held his hand out the window, clutching his cigarette, so he would not contaminate the interior ambiance provided by his lemon scent paper pine tree hanging from his rear-view mirror. I know the routine. I know this person is ultimately going to drop (pitch) the cigarette onto the road, and I am going to quickly become livid. Before concealed and/or open carry handguns became popular, I would pull up to drivers that obviously received failing grades in secondary school citizenship, and point out to them that they 'dropped' their slurpee cup, cigarette, baby diapers or other waste material from their car. Once I jumped out and retrieved the item for the offender. I quit doing that, it has become too dangerous, so I have instead just decided to seethe and fume in solitary frustration at the poor habits of those that I share the highways and bi-ways of central Texas. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment