Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 54/311, 2022 - Wednesday

Your fingernails grow more quickly on your dominant hand. Today was a really fun and interesting day. I slept late, and did not leave the hotel room until about 11:45. After last night, I was not really that hungry, but a bunch of us went to the 'fish fry,' which is kind of an area close to 'downtown' that has a couple street of restaurants and cafes, and a couple street of street peddlers. We had lunch at a place called 'Goldie's,' and it was excellent. Lots of conch. Conch fritters as appetizers, conch this and conch that. It was delicious, much better than I remember the last three or four times I have visited the Bahamas. And then, I also had a seafood platter...much tempura fried food, totally, absolutely delicious. I could not eat it all, and in my modus operandi of not wasting food, I was able to give what I couldn't eat to my table mates. We did a little shopping with the street vendors, and then we went to a place called The Queen's Staircase. There is some history to the place that is really fascinating, so ask Mrs. Google to tell you all about it.I got back to the hotel and went down for a nap. Tonight, we went to dinner at a lovely place called Gray Cliff. It is the home of the third largest wine cellar in the world. The food was very good and we also got a tour of the wine cellar. All very interesting. Let's see what tomorrow will hold!

No comments:

Post a Comment