Saturday, July 2, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 183/182, 2022 - Saturday

Mules are the offspring of a male donkey and a female horse. Mules are also 99% sterile. Mules combine characteristics of both horse and donkey parents to create a tougher, more resilient working animal. A hinny, the offspring of a male horse and a female donkey is much rarer and more closely resembles its mother with the long ears of a donkey. After my walk this morning, Deb, Diane and I went to five (count 'em) FIVE estate sales. We would probably have been better off if we had stopped at the garage sale we saw on Williams Boulevard on the way to the first sale. Lots of stuff, nothing too interesting to any of us. It was a fun morning, though. After that, I went in to Georgetown, and saw the art work that accompanies this journal entry. It is called Waterin' the Work Mules and I have never seen it before. I think it is great and I wish it resided in the Curious House instead of 'off' the Square in Georgetown. Once I got back home, I did a little bit of this and that, and went down for a nice nap. I am going to leave in just a little bit and go have some wine with the neighbors. I thought it best to finish the blog before drinking wine. Get it?

No comments:

Post a Comment