Friday, July 22, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 203/162, 2022 - Friday

Birds are messy eaters, and many seeds (in my case, pounds and pounds since I have moved to the Curious House) drop to the ground. Bird seed is for the birds, contrary what the two girl dogs might think. The area under the bird feeder is inherently dirty and wild birds can carry germs and diseases. If you were in the area, you could have watched me using one of my shop vacs out in the back yard this evening, vacuuming up the birdseed. One full vac full (about 2 1/2 gallons), was deposited over the stone wall into the 'natural area' behind the house. The balance (about 3/4 of the vac) is intended for the garbage can. The photo accompanying this entry is a fairly accurate representation of the seed on the ground. It is not the seed I am concerned about...I am tired of the girls eating the seed (they know I don't approve), and then they shit seeds. I have actually witnessed the seed exiting the dog much like one of those t-shirt cannons you see at football games. SO...I also purchased a new feeder, and tomorrow I will put all the engineering knowledge I gained in college (HAHA) to use fabricating a tray to be attached by chains and 's' hooks under the new feeder, to (maybe) catch most of the seed that is flung out of the feeder. We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment