Sunday, July 3, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 184/181, 2022 - Sunday

Let's talk about the disadvantages of low-voltage lighting. First, is it also low-amperage? Not sure, but I digress. You need a transformer. Check. It can be less bright. Not an issue. There are limited lighting options. Who cares? Commercial businesses might have a harder time passing inspection. See previous response. Maintenance can be challenging. Check. When I was at dinner with Jay and Deb the other night, I asked them if the light in their pantry (which comes on when you open the door) was wired during the house construction, or if they had installed. I expected it was a switch in the door hardware somewhere. Well, it isn't. Jay said he had just changed the switch with one that has a motion sensor. OMG. I rushed out the next day and bought one. Installed it. The pantry light came on, but it would not go off. Jay figured out it was because the fixture was a low-amp (that is what I remember him saying), and I figured out I could just go buy another ceiling fixture, then replace the switch, and everything would work. And it did. Jay did all the work, my job was to hold the flashlight, and hand him tools and things. It was kind of like auditioning for a job as a surgery nurse. Well, maybe not exactly like that, but that's what it reminded me of. SO...life remains good, the light comes on in the pantry when I open the door, and it goes off a minute later. Another first world challenge fixed. In the photo, all those little yellow squares are actually LED things. It's a goner.

No comments:

Post a Comment