Monday, July 4, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 185/180, 2022 - THE FOURTH OF JULY

Moles are unique creatures that spend their lives underground, constantly digging to hunt and navigate under the earth's surface. Their digging habits notoriously destroy lawns, gardens and golf courses, frustrating home and business owners. I saw this guy on our walk this morning, and contrary to the trivia, I was not traversing underground. At first I thought it was a rat, but the tail was not right. If any of my tens of followers know what this is, in reality, feel free to chime in. It was, yet another, really hot day in central Texas. It was calm however, and I managed to get a few more things done; refreshed the hummingbird feeders, filled the bird feeder up, found my office trash can that I thought I had lost (honest), broke down a bunch of boxes to recycle, went in to the office for about an hour, did a little bit of shopping (bought hardly anything), and worked in a nap or two. I watched the 1972 movie called 1776 and I thought it was pretty interesting. It had been a Broadway play then a movie. Most of the actors from Broadway reprised their roles. It is a musical about declaring independence from Britain. Really pretty interesting. Tomorrow will be back in the office, after the morning walk and breakfast with the ROMEOs. Life is good to be perfectly honest. It could be a lot worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment