Saturday, July 30, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 211/154, 2022

The word 'Abilene' means grassy plain. It came originally from the Bible, third chapter of Luke, the name of a Mid-East tetrarchy. The word 'tetrarchy' means 'rule of four.' It derives from the Greek words for four (tetra) and rule (arch). In practice, the word refers to the division of an organization or government into four parts, with a different person ruling each part. I am in Abilene right now, having driven up here this afternoon. A nice ride, listening to my book and looking at the scenery. Kay and her hubs came and picked me up at the hotel, and we went to Perini Ranch for dinner and a TREPAC event. It was great visiting with everyone, and we all had a great time. The Piglet was shaking like a leaf when I took her to the kennel this morning, Callie was not annoyed at all. I will be back to pick them up tomorrow afternoon. I expect I will leave here about 7:30 in the morning, and should be back home by 11. Ish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment