Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 201/164, 2022 - Wednesday

Mageirocophobia (mah-jay-ro-cah-phobia) is an extreme fear of cooking. It's a specific phobia, meaning that it causes fear of a particular situation. Mageirocophobia may stem from other mental health issues, including Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD or CDO depending), known for its repetitive thoughts and urges. Okay, I have never been afraid to admit that I am crazy, but I really think my particular phobia is one of fearing the washing of a shit-pile of dishes as a RESULT of the cooking, not of the cooking itself. Whatever. This particular pre-prepared meal looked somewhat attractive in the refrigerated case at HEB, as much as raw meat and a pitiful little pretend baked potato can look in a refrigerated case. I pay attention to the directions, and I always cook these things for at least an extra minute more than the directions call for. Today, the meat turned out to be a little bit more rare that I care for, but so far I am still alive and not having any particular negative reaction. If I go, the girls will (probably) go too. They may be more tolerant of bad food that I am, we shall see. A good walk this morning, in to the office, back home, all is good. I had a plan to go to Costco this afternoon, but I forgot my membership card, so maybe tomorrow. Hot. it's still hot. There, I said it.

No comments:

Post a Comment