Thursday, July 14, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 195/170, 2022 - Thursday

Dorothy Ann Richards (maiden name Willis), was the second female governor of Texas. Born in McLennan County, she became a schoolteacher after graduating from Baylor. She won the 1990 Texas gubernatorial election, and was later defeated by George W. She remained active in public life until her death in 2006. Some of my favorite quotes: You can put lipstick on a hog and call it Monique, but it's still a pig. And: I did not want my tombstone to read, 'She kept a really clean house.' I have been having some really interesting dreams, and last night I dreamed about Ann Richards. I did meet her a couple times, and I liked her a lot. In my dream, she was wearing a white wig, and some of her natural hair was sticking out here and there, and I was cutting her real hair off that was sticking out from her wig. Whatever. Almost as soon as I posted my blog last night, our power went out, and the solar kicked in. BUT...seven of my fancy schmancy circuit breakers tripped, and only two of them would reset. I am tired of replacing circuit breakers (they are not cheap), and the power was restored after about three hours. As it is right now, I have no overhead lights in the kitchen, dining and main bedroom, and several plugs are not working. I have an extension cord run from one place in the bedroom to another place, so I can have my bedside clock and lamp plugged in. Necessity is the mother of invention. I have no idea yet when the electrician can be here to replace the circuit breakers. I am also working on a Plan B about why the circuit breakers fry themselves at the least convenient moments. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment