Thursday, July 28, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 209/156, 2022 - Thursday

Cabin fever is neither a mental disorder or any type of fever. For decades, it has been used to explain feeling bored, sad, or lonely because of being stuck at home for several days or months. This can be seen most commonly during winter months, natural disasters, lack of transportation, and pandemics such as our recent Covid-19 pandemic. Last night was book club night, and I had a lot of fun. Five of us in person, and two via zoom. We talked about the book for about 45 minutes, then we had snacks, and then we just talked. Great to see everyone. The oppressive heat and lack of rain was a topic for a bit, and Deb said she felt like she was trapped at home because it is just too damn hot to get out. She complained that she felt like she had cabin fever, and I had never actually thought about it, but I can see how it could happen. I have been really lucky during the whole pandemic thing. I took ordinary precautions, I had a letter from the governor that said I was authorized to go on about my business, and I felt great. I think I have had Covid twice, I can verify at least once. But I remain a lucky man. I left home for the office this morning about 10:30, and that was just in time to spend about an extra 40 minutes stuck in traffic on MoPac. I guess things really are getting back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment