Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 208/157, 2022 - Wednesday

The Austin Transportation Department has posted signage reminding drivers not to block 'the box' at critical intersections around the City. When a driver enters an intersection and is unable to travel all the way through, they prevent cross traffic movement, and endangers other travelers by blocking crosswalks and bike lanes.  If you're an Aggie, that means you can't go anywhere. Bottom line, blocking 'the box' is unsafe, illegal and causes traffic congestion. This all started in Austin at least five years ago, and I think it has been well received by most drivers. This happened a couple days ago, and I sat trough two sets of traffic signal changes while this Capital Metro driver blocked 'the box.' Harumph! Still hot, still dry! Tonight is book club night, and it will be a hybrid get together. We will meet in person at Deb and Jay's, and Dick and Marge will join by zoom from Buffalo Grove. It will be fun, I am pretty sure about that. I was going to fly to Abilene this weekend for a meeting, but this morning I cancelled my reservation, and I am going to drive instead. 195 miles, a little more than three hours. At least six hours of time if I take everything (dogs to kennel, etc.) into consideration. It was a no brainer for me, which good because I have very little in the brain department.

No comments:

Post a Comment