Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 194/171, 2022 - Wednesday

Solar panels are rated on the watts they generate. Most residential solar panels have power output ratings from 250 to 400 watt, depending on panel size and how well they convert sunlight into energy. Higher power ratings are considered preferable, but power output is not the sole factor in judging a solar panel's performance. It is kind of hard to brag about power production when it is 110 degrees outside. Generally, I produce a good amount of more power than I use, even though I charge my electric car, too. That takes a good bit of energy. BUT, so far I have produced more than I have used today, but that will all change when I plug the car in. I am trying (just a little bit) to do my part to prevent what I believe is an inevitable grid failure. This afternoon, I filled up the little white car with gas, and I am not planning to charge the car until about 8 o'clock tonight, when people say there is less power demand. We shall see if that helps anything. A good walk this morning, then on to the office. Things are pretty well under control, people are experiencing shorter patience times because of the heat. Just crazy. WHOA, there is a 30 percent chance of rain tomorrow, I think that means I will not see any rain. Oh well, it will rain when it rains.

No comments:

Post a Comment