Sunday, July 17, 2022

Volume 14 - Day 198/167, 2022 - Sunday

Where the Crawdads Sing was written by Delia Owens, and the title was inspired by her mother, who encouraged her to explore the woods near their home in Georgia. The title of the book refers to being so deep in the wilderness that you can hear things you could not ordinarily hear. And crawdads don't really sing. It was a good walk this morning, not nearly as productive as yesterday, but it was a good walk. I took a little nap when I got home, and then got ready and went to brunch. There were four of us this morning, and we tried a new place, Bar Louie in Round Rock. Very good, we will need to go back again. I made one trip to Home Depot, and then went down for a longer nap. Deb, Jay and I went to see Where the Crawdads Sing at 3 o'clock. I was a slow adopter to the book, most people I know read it a couple years ago, but I just finished it a couple months ago. One friend of mine had said the movie was a good adaptation of the book, and I think that is an accurate statement. The movie reviews have not been terribly positive, but I am not nearly snobby enough to criticize what I took as a pretty good movie. On the tear meter, I give it a seven, but then again, I cry at TV commercials. I enjoyed it very much, and I would not hesitate to recommend it to you...

No comments:

Post a Comment