Thursday, February 2, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 33/332, 2023 - Thursday

I don't really mean to be complaining, but I am more tired of re-setting all the digital clocks than I am of all the other stuff that has been going on for the last few days. In Austin, about 30% of Austin Energy customers are still without power. On the evening news, they are considering an emergency declaration about it. I don't know what that will do, but that is what they said. At the Curious House, we had a pretty good thunder storm (THUNDER STORM), and about every 30 seconds, my phone would notify me that 'lightning has been detected near your location.' That went on until about 4 or 5 o'clock, just about the time that the power went out. Who knows, really, because it gos out, comes back on, and repeats throughout the day (and night). We left for our walk this morning at 9:15, and it was good to get back outside. The power came on in the office at about 10, and I got to the office at about 11. I hung out until about 2 or 3, and headed back home. While I was at the office, the power went out at home again, and it stayed off until, okay, I don't really know when it came back on. I honestly kind of enjoy when the power goes out, because it is a relief that there is absolutely nothing I can do about it, so I just sit in the big chair with the dogs, lean back, and take a snooze. Nothing wrong with that. The house never really gets uncomfortably cold, I set the thermostat way down when I go to bed. I am going to go ahead and post this while there is still power...have a good evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment