Sunday, February 5, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 36/329, 2023 - Sunday

So...today was a most excellent day! It all started with our morning walk...I did half of the walk, because Jack, Floria, Teri and I were heading to Fredericksburg at 8:30 this morning. We all had a great time on the way to the Elephant Preserve, and it was great! I understand that some years ago, there were some issues with this place mistreating animals, and I was not interested in supporting that. I knew some people that had been recently and they said it was a great experience. From what I could tell, there was no problems made public in the last several years, and I would go back again, it was a great experience. I assume these are retired circus elephants (Asians, not African), and there was a little bit of kitsch in the program, but I was there to get close to elephants, and that is what we did. An hour-and-a-half, and it was interesting and fun. I doubt that many people know there are elephants in Fredericksburg, but if you want more information, you know where I am. I expect there are at least 250 photos of the day on my phone, and I will probably post one for at least the next four or five days. We had a really good lunch in Fredericksburg, then headed back to Georgetown. Once I got home, my friend Terry (not Teri) came over and hooked up my UPS and my PetCube. The PetCube was a gift from Melinda, and it is really cool. I can spy on Callie and the Piglet when I am not home. It make a tome when the camera connects, so the Piglet already knows what that means, and she pays close attention. It's fun, thank you Melinda and Steve! So, not a bad day, I feel quite accomplished, and I will talking elephants for a couple days. You wanna go? I'll go back with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment