Friday, February 3, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 34/331, 2023 - Friday

There were good things about the day, there were sad things about the day. The power went out overnight, but came back on, and I don't really remember if it went out during the day or not, it is just something that is expected now. It was not quite as cold this morning when we did our walk, but it was not hot, either. Today was our last walk with Jay, he and Deb left about 3:30 this afternoon, on their way to a new adventure in Vancouver, Washington. That weeping sound you heard, starting at about 8 o'clock this morning, was me, crying like a 13 year old girl. It is expected...I cry at everything, and I am not the least bit ashamed of it. You don't like it, don't come near me. I'm not sure how far they will make it tonight, but they will make a little bit of progress, anyway. I have no idea how long it will take them to drive to Vancouver, I expect three or four days, at least. Things were closer to an ordinary day here as far as the weather is concerned. Still power out all around central Texas, and Austin has declared a disaster for the area, trying to get more assets to correct the challenges. No firm timeframe for all electricity to be restored. It should be a little warmer overnight, and in the seventies on Monday. I drug all the downed limbs from the front and back yards out to the curb this morning, and there are several of us that have hired guys to come and chop it all up and haul it off. What a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment