Thursday, February 16, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 47/318, 2023-- - Thursday

If it is Thursday, we must be one day closer to the weekend. Paul decided not to walk this morning, and Dick overslept, so I walked solo this morning. Walking solo has a couple things to adjust to: I walked on the sidewalk instead of in the middle of the street, since I was not walking with anyone, and I could deviate from my usual route. I also got in an extra half mile, so I did just over three miles in the same amount of time. The photo accompanying this journal post is of an old cattle chute adjacent to one of the walking trails in the neighborhood. Chutes like this were pretty common on old ranches, and I expect this one saw a lot of cattle. If I was a little kid in this neighborhood, it would probably be one of my haunts, but I think the liability today is more than the HOA will be willing to accept, so I think its' days are probably numbered. The office was not bad today, it is relatively calm after the ice storm last week. The weekend is going to be a little bit busy, I have a few things on my chore list, one of which is to get the laundry done. The weather is changing again, and we are expecting a freeze overnight and on Saturday night. On Sunday, we are supposed to be back in the 70s, so you never know what might happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment