Saturday, March 2, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 62/304, 2024 - Saturday

As usual, we had a nice walk this morning, and then I took a little nap, then got ready to hit two estate sales. After the second estate sale, there was a traffic jam on the narrow street, because none of the old people wanted to give an inch. It was my first real experience of a Sun City Standoff, but it was fun. I got out of the car, directed traffic, showed one old guy how to put his car in reverse (not really), and got back in the car after having been praised by all those involved. I'm pretty sure it was praise! I was in a pretty good mood until I went to the office for a 1PM appointment. Just one of the attendees at the appointment, not anyone that was involved with the actual transaction, put me in a bad mood. I have routines, and I have to stick to my routines, even if the routines are messes up from the start. It's along story. After the office, I took a long, slow ride home. I stopped at HEB, bought two pots of Bluebonnets to plant in the front yard tomorrow, along with some seeds Jimmie gave me. I am also going to plant three packages of wildflower seeds in the front, hoping the bees will like them. I pulled all the dead morning glory vines off the trellis in the back yard, and there is already new growth going up. I have morning glory seeds to plant, too. One of the fountains on the back deck had a rust hole in it, so it was taken out of commission, and I replaced it with this one. There is still some tweaking to do on it, but I am not really 100% convinced that I like it. AND it is really loud! It will probably be alright. I think we are doing brunch tomorrow, but I am not 100% sure of that either. I hope we will, it has been a couple weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment