Thursday, March 28, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 88/278, 2024 - Thursday

I was feeling a little anxious about the platelet donation today, but it was mostly because I did not know what to expect. I still don't know how they can take blood out of my arm, extract the platelets, and then return the blood back to my body. It's interesting, and I thought I would know when blood was leaving and returning, but I had no clue. The whole exercise took about two hours and fifteen minutes. I didn't know this, either: Platelets are tiny, disc-shaped pieces of cell that are found in the blood and spleen. Platelets are pieces of very large cells in the bone marrow called megakaryocytes. They help form blood clots to slow or stop bleeding and help wounds heal. You can donate platelets 24 times a year as opposed to only six times a year for whole blood. All of this may or may not be accurate, it is what I found from Mrs. Google. Go investigate for yourself! Okay, back to ordinary stuff. We had a nice walk this morning, we did not win the Power Ball jackpot last night, and I went in to the office early so I could get to We Are Blood at 1PM. I got home about 4:30, fixed dinner for the girls (the girls are always first) and me, and now I am about to go sit in the big chair and watch some tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment