Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 86/280, 2024 - Tuesday

It was chilly this morning, somewhere around 45 degrees, but it was a good walk. After the walk, all the ROMEOs met for breakfast, and we solved many of the worlds problems over omelets and pancakes. Every Tuesday, I also choose a victim of a photo with a perfect stranger. Today's victim is depicted in this journal entry. After breakfast, it was off to work, and that was nothing too taxing. I have resumed reading The Women which I think is a very good book. I had to set it down for a while, because it kind of took a toll on me, and I felt that I was getting really depressed. I sat it aside, took my trip to Miami, and took it back up when I got home. It is not quite as emotionally taxing towards the end of the book, but it is still kind of concerning. These veterans, men and women, suffered a lot during their time in service to their country, in the late 60's and throughout the 70's. I recommend it to you, but be ready. I had one errand to run after I left the office, and got that taken care of. Tomorrow, I have two zoom meetings, and that will occupy a pretty good part of my day. On Thursday, I am scheduled to donate my first batch of platelets. I have always donated whole blood, but now I am starting platelets, and I am a little bit nervous about it. I feel confident, however, that it will all be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment