Saturday, March 23, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 83/283, 2024 - Saturday

First full day back home, and things are getting back to normal. A little bit. The day started with a nice walk; me, Paul and Richard. We had all kinds of things to talk about, and it was good to be walking again, even though there was a pretty good bit of walking in Miami. After the walk, I fed the girls, had some breakfast for myself (bagels), and then headed off to the estate sales with Pam, Marian and Diane. I spent about $30 on a few very special items that I did not know I needed until I set eyes on them. I think everyone bought something...maybe not Diane, I'm not sure. I know for sure Pam got a new cake pan! I need (not really) to go to the grocery. I am out of bread and milk, and I ate the piece of apple pie that Pam brought me as a welcome home gift yesterday. I vacillated back-and-forth (get it?) all day about whether to go or not, and so far, I have not. Apparently I am going to leave it until tomorrow. Tomorrow morning, I need to do laundry, get it started during the walk, get if finished during the Sunday Morning program. I also want to go to a movie tomorrow, The American Society of Magical Negroes. I saw the previews for it a couple months ago, and it is now playing, so I will take that in tomorrow. So far there is only one blossom on my Meyer Lemon tree (bush) on the back patio. It has born fruit for the last two years, and I hope there will be more than just one this year. Both years previously, I have harvested about a dozen lemons, and I have shared them with friends. For dinner tonight, I cremated a chicken pot pie, even though I followed all the instructions. Okay, most of the instructions. The only instruction I did not follow was the part where it said to wrap the edges of the pie with aluminum foil. I cut off all the horribly burned parts, and ate the rest. I think I may need some adult supervision every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment