Thursday, March 14, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 74/292, 2024 - Thursday

So...there was an interesting article in the New York Times this afternoon about the benefits on laying on the floor. Interesting stuff. So, after this journal entry, you will find me on the floor in the bedroom, thinking of nothing much except to keeping Callie and the Piglet from licking on me. Can't wait. Did I mention the new book I am reading? The Women. It's very interesting, very compelling, very sad, very disturbing. It is about an Army nurse in Vietnam. I looked it up, Vietnam is one word. It is a 14 hour listen, and I am about a third of the way in, and it is a very good book. We had a nice walk this morning, and all was good in the office. If it's Thursday, it must be cheeseburger day from Sandy's. And so it was. I made a couple stops on the way home, and tonight was the neighbors dinner. We had a great time, and Deb (see last nights' journal) was here from Vancouver. We all had a blast, there were eleven of us, at Tony & Luigi's in Georgetown. We laughed, we talked, and had fun. In the photo, clockwise, from the left: Judy, Richard, Margie, Doris, Marian, Ronnie, Linda, me (with head detached from body), Deb, Jimmie and Mike. We are now looking for a volunteer to coordinate the dinner in April. Let me know if you are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment