Sunday, July 17, 2011

2011 - Day One Hundred Ninety Eight; Sunday...

There is a downside to not stepping foot in the outdoors (or so it seems) for almost a week. Well, actually, for the last week, I have only been outside for a few hours a day, and ALL of that (practically) was in the dark. So, it seems my body totally forgot how hot is was, and I was totally unprepared for the heat today. AND, it was not even that hot. Not sure that it OFFICIALLY reached 100 degrees today (both of our nuclear weather stations at the house registered just over 103 degrees), but it felt REALLY hot, and I got really tired out before too long.

Jody and I had some errands to run in Austin, so when we finished that stuff, there was very little motivation from me. I had earlier worked the bees a little bit, fed the chickens, given everyone fresh water, and watered all the plants and even the trees. I am still not sure that I will be successful in maintaining the life of all the plant life, but I will keep trying. I did manage to get in a nap in the afternoon, and then I pretty much settled in to watch a couple programs on the tube and catch up with the news of the world. Nothing much has changed there in the last week, that is for sure!

There are some clouds visible but I doubt they will produce any rainfall. Everything is burning up, it is crazy. We are worried about the bees, hopefully we will not lose all the hives, that would be a real disaster. Jody said he had seen Konrad (from Round Rock Honey) on one of the local news stations last week reporting that all the local bee hives are stressed and none of them are producing honey like they normally would be. I hate that.

We went to Denny's for dinner tonight, and for the second time in my life, I ordered off the Senior Menu. I guess that is it, I am officially a senior, even though I have been a member of AARP for almost ten years. I had every intention of showing you what I was having for dinner (remember, the hotter it gets, the worser the photos on the blog become), but I did not remember that until I finished my meal. I am not only getting old, I am also becoming forgetful! As you can tell, I did not care that much for the dinner.

This will be an interesting week coming up. Hopefully it will not be nearly as over scheduled as I was last week, and will be able to make a few accomplishments. I am also going to be attending a Round Rock Express baseball game on Thursday evening, a TREPAC Realtor* Night Out function. I think that will be a lot of fun, and I have really enjoyed going to the ball game last year. BIG FUN!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, HEAT STROKE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment