Thursday, July 28, 2011

2011 - Day Two Hundred Nine; Thursday...

Do not judge a book by its' cover, and do not judge a day by its' sunrise. Although the day was a really good one all things considered, it was still HOT and MUGGY and nothing at all like you would have imagined if you were to judge the day by its' sunrise. BUT, that said, it was not a terrible day.

Made it to the Travis County Court House in time for my 9 o'clock call. I am the court appointed receiver for a property in an estate with MANY heirs, and the hearing went well, and I am learning this niche of the business as I go. I hope that this will be a nice market for me, but the risks and liabilities of these types of transactions are somewhat higher than the ordinary practice of real estate. Care and caution are the norm here, but I hope to be a quick learner.

After the court hearing, I was back in the office for a few minutes, and then I headed out to the Austin Chapter of the Women's Council of REALTORS for the monthly meeting. I attended an new member orientation that covered the history of the Chapter and then there was the luncheon and the election of the Chapter Officers for the coming year. One of our agents (Chris) was elected the position of Chairman Elect, and he will take the reins of Chair for the Austin Chapter in 2013. Congratulations to Chris for all his hard work.

Back to the office to do some power real estate, and then I was headed home by about 4:30. Once I got home, I did a chicken check, and all is well with ALL of the chickens. Afterwards, Jody and I took a dip in the pool, and we sat out on the patio for a while. Both of the Vera's came and joined us, and they are both big on being petted. Chickens as pets was a totally unknown concept to me, and I would probably not have believed it if I had not experienced it for myself. I am not sure if the new chicks will be this 'pet-like' but it will be nice if they are. One of the new chicks (as you can see in this photo) is almost snow white. Maybe her new name. Was Snow Whites name Snow What? Did she have a real name? HELP ME!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, MORE HEAT, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment