Saturday, July 9, 2011

2011 - Day One Hundred Ninety; Saturday...

We had out first chicken catastrophe today, and I think it was a result of the heat and nothing else. Took a toll on one of the Ruby's, so we now are down to five laying hens and we have had the little chicks for about a month. A very sad day. Poor little girl. I knew the day would come, but I figured it would be from coyotes or hawks or owls, not from heat. You never know.

Jody and I moved the cattle to the other pasture this morning, but there is really no green grass on that side either. What we really need is some rain so we can get a little bit of relief from this heat and some grasses to grow for the cattle.

I got finished prepping for my classes next week, right on schedule. It will all be god.

More tomorrow...

Deeds, Actions, Changes, RIP MS RUBY, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment