Tuesday, July 19, 2011

2011 - Day Two Hundred; Tuesday...

WOW! Day Two Hundred already.

A pretty typical day all things considered. I did a lot of power real estate this morning, and then I headed out to the monthly NARPM luncheon. My friend and colleague Brian Birdy from San Antonio was the guest speaker, and he spoke with us about how to grow your businesses. He has done an amazing job growing his business in just four short years. A lot of good information was gleaned from his talk. Always a pleasure to speak with and visit with Brian.

Then it was on to an Ombudsman training program at the Board. I have volunteered as an Ombudsman for the Austin Board and the Texas Board for several years, and I really enjoy it. Good information was shared there as well.

Let's get down to the serious stuff. Since I missed the pies from Hutto yesterday, I was on a mission today to get pie. I had decided that I did not want one whole pie, but I was going to try for a pie made up of individual slices. The Texan Cafe and Pie Kitchen in Hutto would have no part of that, so I ended up with two slices of four different kinds of pie; S'Mores, Peanut Butter, Key Lime and Chocolate Toffee. We will just have to make do for a couple days. We will not suffer I am sure, but someone will have to eat all that pie. The sacrifices we make...

When I had earlier left the Board of Realtors, it actually smelled like rain outside. As I was going down the Interstate, you could see the rain off in the distance. I called Jody and asked if it was raining at the house, and he said the terrace was kind of damp, but no real rain. I spoke with some folks in Jarrell later on the way home, and they said it rained for about ten minutes at their house. BUT, by the time I got home, everything was dried up. Still a little chance of rain but I am probably not going to bet money on it.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, PIES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment