Friday, July 29, 2011

2011 - Day Two Hundred Ten; Friday...

What a loser Tropical Storm this one is. Here I go with my disclaimer; I hope there is no property damage or loss of life from this storm, BUT the only thing we are getting out of it is some wind and that makes leaves in the pool. What a bummer. I hope we get a little bit of rain from it at least.

I worked from the house today, we had some service folks out and I wanted to be here. I did manage to get quite a bit of work done, so that was nice. After everyone left, Jody and I had some errands to run, and as long as we were in Georgetown anyway, we stopped off and had hot fudge sundaes at the DQ. Wonderful. I just love weekends!

One of my new clients is moving from her home and she was selling this wicker furniture. It is not anywhere close to new, but it was a deal so we could not pass it up. I think we will probably stain it or seal it in the spring, but for now it makes an inviting addition to our front yard.

I let the little chicks run in the enclosed pen for several hours today, and they like that very much. I a couple more weeks, they will be out running in the yard, and I hope they are smart enough to be wary of predators. I hope so anyway.

NEWS FLASH: The broody girl is no longer broody, and she was even roosting last night. I wonder if it was the fan I put out there in the coop? Whatever it was, it was like turning off a light switch. One second you could not get her out of the nesting box, the next minute she was up and gone and acting like a chicken again.

Interesting!

Deeds, Actions, Changes, NO RAIN HERE, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment